Things To Do
Within 15 km radius of Rocklands
- Cape Peninsula National Park ( 7 km to entrance) this is the second most visited attraction in South Africa -world’s most prominent “hot-spot” of plant diversity with more than 2 285 species of plants. Perfect place for walking, hiking, tidal pools, game/bird and whale watching.
- In season (August to October) whale watching from Rocklands Seaside Bed and Breakfast accommodation Simon’s Town.
- Topstones Mineral World/ Scratch Patch – semi precious stones.
- Golf courses: Simon’s Town Country Club or Clovelly Golf Club in Fishhoek.
- Sea Kayaking amoung the Penguins.
- Snorkling with the seals.
- Boat trips in False Bay to Cape Point or Seal Island
- Longbeach Shopping Mall
- Simon’s Town’s Museums: Town, Naval and Toy.
- Visit the famous penguin colony at boulders beach.
Within 45 km radius of Rocklands
- Table Mountain – one of the worlds most recognisable mountains – climb or walk up the mountain or take the cable car.
- Cape Town City Centre (walking tour/ open bus), Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, craft markets,
- Two Oceans Aquarium, Robben Island trip.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – voted one of the top seven Botanical gardens in the world.
- Constantia Wine Route
- Stellenbosch Winelands
- Shopping centre’s: Cavendish, Canal Walk, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
- Grand West Casino and entertainment world
- Helicopter trip over peninsula
- Rent a Harley – Davidson
- Daytrip to Houtbay
- Red Hill Pottery – functional and creative ceramic war
Activites that must be arranged in advance
- Shark Cage Diving at Seal Island
- Well trained tour operators in specialized fields – nature, birdlife, shipwrecks, lighthouse
Further away from Rockland Bed and Breakfast
- Spring Wild Flowers (Aug – Sept) – Namaqualand/West coast. For the best places to view, call flower hotline 083 9101028
- Game viewing , Safari -day trips or overnight